Monday, August 8, 2011

Dinner! At last!

I cooked dinner! Real dinner, from scratch, not frozen, not take out. Lila cooperated by sleeping in her swing while I prepared some meatballs! This is a mostly made up/whatever I have on hand recipe that I usually double and make a meatloaf at the same time...but I didn't have enough ground beef. This semester, Joe will be very busy, and evening cooking will be my job if we want to eat dinner. So it will take preparation and planning. I have already started a meal plan for the first two weeks of school, and my hope is to shop and cook on the weekends so that weekday evenings consist of warming and maybe adding some sides. We'll see how disciplined I am on the weekends to make this happen. I'll keep you posted =)

Veggies on hand: today - carrots, onions, green pepper, diced in the food processor and cooked with olive oil



Ground beef, egg, bread crumbs



Combine!



Add parm and spices on hand: I used sage and parsley from our overgrown, untended garden



I bake the meatballs on a broiler pan to reduce grease.




I forgot to take pics of the final product (meatball subs) because we ate them so fast! Leftovers later this week of spaghetti and meatballs. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment