Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Much To Be Thankful For



This was a wonderful week! I had Wed, Thu, Sat and Sun off of work. A much needed break from work, and even better - four full days at home with Lila! This was such a treat. It was wonderful to spend time playing with her, practicing to sit up, feeding Lila her first foods, cuddling her when her teething gums were hurting, making a couple of weeks worth of home made baby food (sweet potatoes, bananas and peas, oh my!), and taking my first legitimate "nap when the baby naps". It was also great to watch Lila interact with her cousins Liam and Tucker, dance with Aunt Jenny, and laugh at Great Grand Pap! Now, on Sunday night, I am feeling a little sorry for myself that I have to go back to work tomorrow morning, and send Lila back to daycare. But I should know better. First of all, Lila goes to a wonderful daycare, and she loves it and her teachers love her. Also, working is not optional for me, and we knew that when we started this whole parenthood thing. Someday, I hope it will be. I hope to have more time like this, and to continue making our family as self-sustainable as possible, and to actually have a clean house and homemade dinners each night. But right now, working is the price I pay to have Lila in our lives. And it is well worth it! So as I get started back to work, I will try to not to fall in to the diaper, feed, bathe, bed the baby, then diaper, feed, dress, take the baby to daycare the next day. I will try to spend some time sitting and playing, teaching, blowing raspberries, and enjoying sweet potatoes! And being thankful for having a job, and for all those small moments! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment