Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good Day For A Hike


Good day for a hike!


We knew this semester was going to be hard. Joe is so busy, and there are many evenings that Joe does not get home until Lila is asleep, and unfortunately, some weekends when Joe has to work both days, only to come home and do homework. However, I learned an important lesson several weeks ago. Do not sit around, pining for Joe, waiting for him to get home. Lila will be fussy and cranky, therefore so will I. Get out, do things, be busy, see friends, give Sage some exercise. That is the way to make the time Joe is gone go fast, and keep me from going crazy.

So when I woke up this morning and found 55 degrees, sunny, the perfect fall day, I took advantage, rather than sitting around feeling sorry for myself that Joe had to work again (when shouldn't I be feeling sorry for him??). Yesterday, I think we did good. Up early, Farmer's Market, Wine and Jazz Fest, birthday party...Lila was a trooper, and slept like a champ last night. So today was the perfect day for a hike.

On days like these, I like to do a drive + hike. Get out of town a little, enjoy the scenery, and hike someplace new. While Sage and I love the "same old trails" that we do around here, knowing every bend and bridge, it is great to go somewhere new. The thing is, I have been more weary to do "new things" with an infant. I decided to go to Tygart Lake State Park. I have never been there, didn't really know where it was (figured I could follow signs), didn't know how long it would take to get there, didn't know the trails, or have a trail map. Not typically the adventure I want to take with a 3 month old, but as I learned in the lesson above - I gotta get out! So off we went. And despite the above obstacles, we had a great hike. The trail map on the side of the park office and the trail signs were not good, but we managed to link some small hikes together along the road. It was a perfect fall day!



Lila loved leaning back and looking at the treetops. So proud!




My view of baby and doggy =)




Rewarding view at the turnaround point




Lila got a little fussy until I gave her a toy to suck on. Prepared mama!




Going...




...Going...




Gone!




Kept her grip on her toy though!




Hard to wake up back at the car! Great day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment